Friday

Clothing/Under Garment Essentials


These are some staples in my closet that make life with an ostomy easier:

Belly band – same as the ones pregnant women use.  I know it is a funny thing to buy when you arent pregnant, but it works. It holds the bag tight again the body, so you can wear tighter clothing without seeing the imprint of the bag. You can also use this not tucked into your pants to look like a layering piece under a shirt. Can also keep on during sex.

Boyshorts – love them.  The placement of my ostomy let’s me put on boyshorts and it covers up the bag so I can forget I have it when I look in the mirror.  I fold the bag in half to fit in my panties.

Tank tops (or layers in general) – I wear a tank under most of my tops (or the belly band).  This adds a layer effect right around the midsection…to distract when the bags starts to fill.  Also good for sexual encounters….take your panties off but leave the tank on (with the ostomy tucked up under the tank). Take the straps off your shoulders and let your boobs out the top…now the tank is wrapped right around your mid section….right where you need to it to be :)

1 comment:

  1. Great ideas. You can also use the
    Ostomy Lingerie to avoid the chances that you are not able to wear your favorite dresses in the parties or some special functions.

    ReplyDelete