Tuesday

She has the perfect body – and she's still self-conscience

My girl friend who has been married for just over 1 year told me that she is not in the mood to have sex with her husband because she has gain some weight and she feels unattractive. I got so mad at her…she is beautiful with a nice flat stomach, long legs, perky boobs…and not a scar on her body.  She knows about my ostomy surgery and was there with me when I was sick with Crohn’s in and out of the hospital and during the adjustment period of having my ostomy.  I told her, “if men still find me sexy naked, then I am damn sure your husband finds you sexy with or without the extra 10 pounds.” 

It just goes to show…even the girls with the bodies we can only dream of having still have self-esteem issues. We are never happy with our bodies…that is just the nature of women and the stress society puts on us.  I vividly remember reading an article about how Jessica Simpson (in the height of her career and in the best physical shape I have seen her in) said that she wasn’t happy with size of her butt.  I knew then and there, it doesn’t matter how skinny you are (or if you have scars, etc), we are never happy with what we look like. 

So don’t be so hard on yourself.  You are who you are…and you can be sexy no matter what!

No comments:

Post a Comment